Wednesday, November 07, 2007

In Need....11/9

There have been a few requests for publicity sent to me, generally for a good cause, and that brought forth an idea. Normally a blog on blogspot is filled with ads for a variety of less than desirable products.



I'd suggest that I can do some local good with announcements for fundraisers/benefits/non-profit affairs. The blog does get a fair amount of attention, and if the cause is a good one, send it in.... I'm going to play with some html tags and see if I can put some of the unused space to a better purpose.



This in no way suggests that the organizations are supporting the blog. This just means that some of the people that read the blog support the organizations.



With some of the limitations on soliciting for even good causes, maybe you can make a difference. 'tis the season....

2 comments:

fac_p said...

The following email was forwarded to me by a reader:

"Please say a prayer for my granddaughter Aubrie. I just got a call from my daughter Sarina and she has renal reflux which means her bowels are backing up into her right kigney. She is going to call the dr. when she gets back to work and find out all the details, if she will need surgery. She already has heart trouble. She just turned two in Oct. Thank you and luv to all. Toni"

Your friend's granddaughter is in my prayers.

Actually, the last post was generated from that. Have seen several instances (uninsured medical expenses, a fire destroying a family's home, and the like) where the fundraisers might have been helped with a little publicity. Have been trying to figure out how to modify the set template for the blog.

I started the blog to make a difference, not just to gripe.

...and, of course, Matt in Dallas just had to throw in:


You are running out of steam, big boy.......

I don't think so, not by a long shot....frank

Anonymous said...

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE ABOUT THIS LITTLE PLACE THAT NEEDS A HERO. YOU ARE ONE. I WILL TRY TO FIND SOME MORE PEOPLE THAT WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME GOOD HAPPEN HERE. PARIS TX