Thursday, July 12, 2007

Survey Says.....7/19

Hard to say what the current survey results say....only 43% of employees filled it out. Could it be that they are worried about the PRMC concept of anonymous? It doesn't really help that now they want to badger us in person... Right out of Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong's routine:

Sign the papers, old man!
I cannot sign the papers (whimper)....
And why can you not sign the papers?!?!
I cannot sign the papers because you have broken all my fingers.....

So now we come face to face with administration. Do they or have they ever really cared what we think? As long as we still keep coming to work and patients come through the doors...about as much as pit bull cares for the thoughts of a postman....

So what questions are they going to ask...guaranteeing them the answers that they want to hear? "Do you want to stay employed?...."


Probably the one that should lead off the survey: "Does the hospital create a workplace atmosphere that is conducive to work and hospitable to employees ?" What do you think?


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I'm not an employee at PRMC (a fact for which I am grateful today), I'd be interested to know what some fo the questions were, and whether or not signatures were required. I have a feeling filling out the surveys was mandatory.

Anonymous said...

Survey was not mandatory and no signatures, but it did ask what shift you work, what dept and each survey had an identifying number. Questions were the same as previous surveys: does your boss appreciate you? Does admin care about the employees? Yada yada yada.

Anonymous said...

No wonder the return rate was low- not that many people want to stick their neck out. When I worked at PRMC, I would have answered yes to the first question (does your boss appreciate you), since he was a peach of a guy. The second question (does admin care about its employees?) is a no-brainer NO, unless you're one of the suckups who buy Essent's bull.

Anonymous said...

Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author

So this is not a freedom of speech/thought blog --all comments must be aproved by the author of the blog?? Is this correct?"? If so this is a bias opinion!!

Personally, I don't like to be inundated with spam or profanity. For the most part, I just do some QC, character revision (#&$!) of said profanity, if it has a context.

I think it was a default setting, and it seemed wise.

I never said this was a totally open blog, what I said was that I hate to delete or end productive dialog.

See what shows up on an non-moderated one. Your kids might not notice a change...mine would....frank

Anonymous said...

I worked there at the time of these "surveys" and was never asked to fill one out. It definitely was not mandatory. That is pretty typical of PRMC though, the supervisors are horrible leaders.

Anonymous said...

The rub with the survey is that most supervisors that are not doing an appropriate job are not going to tell you about filling it out. If they score low then they look bad, although I feel like Essent would just think every employee is just whining. I don't know how that could be, if nearly every employee in the department had similar comments...duh!

Anonymous said...

of course our superviser told us to be sure to put down only good comments about him/her. fair and balanced that's us!